Most calls we receive are from adult children who are overwhelmed with caring for their aging parents. Many are simultaneously managing their own families and careers.
Often they live at a distance and are stressed by their inability to be there as often as needed.
Keen Home Care Can Help.
Who Seeks Services from Keen Home Care?
- Adult children or relatives at a distance
- Loved ones of those with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s
- Chronically ill individuals
- Overwhelmed spouses or family caregivers
- Individuals with mental health challenges
- Aging adults without a support system
Who We Are
Keen Life Care Managers, also known as Geriatric Care Managers (GCMs), have more than 80 years of combined senior care experience. Many of us have served as nurses, social workers, and physical therapists.
How We Can Help
Keen Life Care Managers are the eyes and ears for family members at a distance. We advocate on your loved one’s behalf, while closely partnering with other healthcare professionals:
- Physicians and psychiatrists
- Skilled home healthcare agencies
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Assisted living and board-and-care facilities
- Hospital staff, social workers, and discharge planners
- Family caregivers needing support and/or training
Our Life Care Managers are available 24 hours a day for urgent care needs, including accompaniment to the hospital to provide vital medical history to an emergency team.
If you live far away, a Keen Life Care Manager will comfort your loved one and provide updates until you arrive.
Keen Life Care Managers provide guidance, assistance, and management.
- Assist with assessment and planning for all stages of dementia/Alzheimer’s.
- Screen, arrange for, and monitor care.
- Plan, arrange, and assist transitions home from a hospital or care facility.
- Collaborate with physicians to manage chronic illnesses.
- Continually review, assess, and refill prescribed medications.
- Oversee household upkeep.
- Educate family in how to avoid caregiver burnout.
- Coordinate bill-paying and fiduciary services.