In 2005, the physical therapist, social worker, and registered nurse who would eventually found Keen Home Care worked together in a skilled nursing facility. Every day, we saw the profound stress that seniors, disabled individuals, and their families were experiencing.
We were saddened to see so many seniors being prematurely institutionalized because their families didn’t know they had care options. Our team was motivated to find solutions for those who wish to receive care in their homes.
Our goal has been, and will always remain, to be a resource and an advocate for seniors and disabled individuals. We strive to preserve and enhance their VOICE and their CHOICE through:
- Explaining care options and how to navigate the healthcare system
- Developing comprehensive plans for individuals whose needs range from in-home caregiver support to end-of-life care
- Helping to stabilize chronic conditions, such as congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, Parkinsonism, and dementia, thereby reducing hospitalizations and institutionalization
- Advising seniors and disabled individuals on how to modify their homes to promote independence and reduce falls and other injuries
- Providing referrals to trusted physicians, fiduciaries, elder law attorneys, trust officers, financial advisors, and CPAs to help safeguard our clients’ health and wealth
- Fostering communication between clients and their families
Keen Life Care Managers have a combined 80 years of compassionate senior care experience.
If you or your loved one is considering in-home care, need help navigating a traumatic event requiring hospitalization and/or rehabilitation, or need guidance on how to manage the ever-changing challenges of aging, our Life Care Managers are ready and equipped to offer solutions.