The Keen Home Care Promise To You
“We’ll take great care of your loved one in their own home,
and when needed, in our homes for assisted living.”
In 2005, after dozens of combined years serving seniors and their families, we were frustrated with the prevalence of low-quality facilities, insincere and unaffected service providers, and regular premature institutionalization of seniors. It was wrong.
So, we decided to change that.
Keen Home Care began with the mission of “helping even more families in ever more profound ways.” Those were the words we agreed would get us started, and we weren’t sure exactly how we were going to do it, but we pooled our very small savings and got on with it.
Now, with nearly 100 combined years of experience in assisting seniors and their families, and with comprehensive and diverse clinical backgrounds in nursing, therapy, and social work, and our laser-focused sensitivity to the overpowering and disrupting stress that families must incorporate into their lives, we enjoy most being viewed by our many clients as “one of their family.” It’s the most wonderful accomplishment to us.
Our Top Priority
Your Comfort and Care, and your Family’s Peace of Mind
- Nearly 100 credentialled and dedicated Keen employees – not freelancers – to care for you in your own home.
- Three beautiful assisted living homes in the greater Long Beach area, staffed 24/7 with Keen employees. (a Huntington Beach location coming soon)
- Fully licensed, bonded and insured.
- High Satisfaction rankings by our clients, families, and senior transition advocates and colleagues.
- We welcome care partners from visiting physicians to skilled home health agencies, podiatrists, dental hygienists, salon services, and hospice care partners.
- We fully explain all care options and how to work through the healthcare system.
- Our Geriatric Care Managers develop comprehensive plans for individuals whose needs range from in-home caregiver support to end-of-life care.
- We help to stabilize chronic conditions, such as congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, Parkinsonism, and dementia, to minimize hospitalizations and institutionalization.
- We advise seniors and disabled individuals how to modify their homes to promote independence and reduce falls and other injuries.
- We provide referrals to trusted physicians, fiduciaries, elder law attorneys, trust officers, financial advisors, and CPAs to help safeguard our clients’ health and wealth.
What is Keen?
Keen Home Care fosters communications between seniors and their families, and all health care professionals, during every lifestyle transition and through the toughest moments.
- Extremely sensitive or responsive: keen heart; keen attention
- Showing great mental penetration or acumen: keen reasoning; keen anticipation
- Showing strong feeling or desire: keen emotion; keen sensitivity; keen devotion
- A house, apartment or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person, family or household.
- The place in which one’s domestic affections are centered.
- A cause or object of worry, anxiety, concern, etc.
Verb (used without object)
- Have thought or regard
- Have a special preference
Verb (used with object)
- To feel concern about
- To wish, desire, like
To be known as the trusted and expert resource for seniors and their families, achieving the best outcomes and peace of mind through collaborative care.
To provide loving care and respect to our clients, while elevating their dignity and quality of life with a strong sense of home and family, no matter the circumstances.
Keen Home Care Values
Keen Home Care
Machelle Thompson, PT, CMC
Founder & CEO
Machelle has more than three decades of experience in the senior and home care services industry. She founded Keen Home Care with two like-minded colleagues in 2005 “to change the way aging seniors were prematurely placed into institutions.”
Machelle wanted to provide alternative options that allowed seniors to live in the comfort of their own homes as long as possible, and when it was absolutely necessary, then transition into assisted living.
Ginny Dutile, MA, RCFE, CMC
Vice President, Operations & Geriatric Care Manager
Ginny engaged professionally with Keen Home Care in early 2006 and became a full-time team member in 2012. She serves as our Vice President of Operations and as a Life Care Manager (Geriatric Care Manager). With her extensive background and training, she collaborates with seniors, their families, and associated care teams to manage difficult behaviors, coordinate seniors’ end-of-life transitions, advise on changes in care and lifestyle, and aid in contingency planning.
Care Manager Assistant
Roberta (Robbi) Anderson
Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) Administrator – Keen Board and Care Homes
Director of Care & Staff Development
Client Care Coordinator
Director of Operations – Keen Homes
Care Manager Assistant
What Others Are Saying About Us
“I cannot say enough good things about Keen Home Care. Everything was taken care of: medicines, doctor visits, cooking, shopping, etc. We got so attached to the caretakers. ”
– Janice K.